Top 10 Adorable Anime like Kaichou wa Maid Sama! [Best Recommendations]
Kaichou wa Maid Sama is one of the best romantic comedy anime series with adorable moments. If you have seen it, you must have been wanting more similar anime.
This hilarious romantic comedy anime might have left you hoping for another season. Since that is not possible, here is a list of anime like Kaichou wa Maid Sama that will make you laugh so hard.
The best anime like Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
10. Charming complex
This anime follows the lives of Risa Koizumi and Atsushi Ootani. These two students have always felt a bit of an outcast due to their height.
During a difficult time, when the people they like relate to each other, they find friendship with each other. Will this friendship lead to more? Will they come to terms with his height?
- Both animes are based on the idea of having a complex based on different things. While Maid-Sama takes care of Misaki’s complex as a maid, Lovely Complex takes care of complex based on height.
- In both animes, we notice the way people fall in love without wanting the other person to like them.
- The humorous overtones of the characters and their reactions stand out.
- The main female and male characters appear to be similar to each other in both the anime.
9. My little monster
Haru Yoshida is a boy who rarely attends school for fear of repercussions for his violent actions. Shizuku Mizutani is a hard-working school student nicknamed “dry ice” for being emotionless and cold.
This odd couple become friends and learn to tackle problems together. With ill-timed confessions, will they ever find themselves in love with each other?
- The female leads of both anime seem to be working hard due to their family circumstances.
- The male leads of both anime seem to do better than the female leads in results like school exams.
- The female leads deal with their family problems and act older than their age in both animes.
- The bad timing of the confession, a love triangle, and the lack of communication are seen in both animes.
8. Kimi no Todoke
This anime follows the life of a shy girl always feared by her peers due to her appearance, Sawako Kuronuma. After befriending the most popular boy in school, Shota Kazehaya, her life changes completely.
Will he be able to make more friends? Will she be accepted by her peers?
- The female lead seems to be misunderstood in both animes.
- In both animes, we understand the idea of falling in love and loving someone.
- In both animes, the male characters fall in love long before the female characters realize that they love the male character.
7. Special A
Special A is the story of Hikari Hanazono, a student whose abilities are beyond most people’s comprehension. The only person who has beaten her at everything is Kei Takishima.
She considers him her greatest rival and friend. They are both part of the remarkable group of students at her school, where only the top 7 students are present. Will Hikari ever realize Takishima’s feelings?
- This anime focuses on the lives of two characters who are exceptionally skilled in almost every aspect (except cooking for the female leads), just like in Maid-Sama.
- The importance of friendship and trust is seen in both the anime.
- Both animes consist of characters willing to do whatever they can for their school and friends.
6. Snow White with red hair
Shirayuki works as an apothecary at the herbal shop in Tanbarun country. The prince of the kingdom finds out about her hair and tries to force her to become his concubine.
Thus, leaving behind a lock of her hair, Shirayuki escapes to another kingdom where, surprisingly, she first meets the prince of that kingdom, Zen Wistaria. It has escaped? Will he ever return to his kingdom?
- This anime has a headstrong female lead who fights for her beliefs, like Misaki.
- The female character doesn’t seem to notice the male lead’s feelings throughout the beginning.
- The secondary characters seem to play an essential role in uniting the protagonists.
This anime follows the life of a teenager from a low-income family, Ryūji Takasu. His unlikely friendship with the school’s so-called palm tiger, Taiga Aisaka, leads to a series of amusing incidents in their love lives.
Will they confess their lovers? Will they be able to help each other in any way?
- Both the anime consists of characters in the school who are extremely popular.
- Todora! and Maid-Sama consist of characters from rich and poor backgrounds and show the stark differences between them.
- The female leads of both anime had to grow up too quickly due to their environment.
- Both anime in between consist of a love triangle which becomes apparent as the episodes progress.
This is one of the best romances of all time. The story centers on a popular and outgoing girl who is completely different at home. It also centers on a shy and introverted boy with piercings and tattoos that are seen when he is not at school.
They find out about each other’s lives outside of school and become good friends thanks to Kyoko Hori’s younger brother, Souta. Izumi Miyamura and Hori have a love story that is about romance, society, and friendship.
- Both anime consist of people hiding something about themselves that they don’t want anyone from their school to know.
- The female leads in both anime seem to be working hard for themselves and their families.
- The anime has perfect comic timing and great chemistry between all the characters, like Maid-Sama.
- While other characters seem to like the main characters, they seem too involved with each other for others to like them.
3. Yona of the Dawn
Princess Yona seems to be living a carefree life until she witnesses her father’s murder by the man she seems to love. Yona then has to run away from court with Ella’s bodyguard Hak de Ella, who cares about her more than she shows.
As her life has changed, she has to find the four warriors who will help her restore peace in her kingdom. Will she get the kingdom back from her? Will she kill the man she loved her?
- This anime has a headstrong female lead who fights for her beliefs like Misaki.
- The female character doesn’t seem to notice the male lead’s feelings during the entire beginning.
- The supporting characters add to the misery of the male lead.
2. The Wolf Girl and the Black Prince
Erika Shinohara lies to her friends about having a boyfriend because her clique is made up of girls with boyfriends. She uses a photo of a random guy on the street to make it more authentic.
This causes problems since he is the most popular boy in his school, so he asks him to be his fake boyfriend. He agrees with the idea that she will be like her pet. Can something happen between them?
Will his personality show darker traits than expected? Will Erika be okay?
- In both animes, the protagonists seem to be hiding a secret.
- Only the female leads can see the other side of the male leads in both animes.
- Kyouya (the male lead), like Usui, seems to be good at pranking people he likes to the point where he can be considered a sadist.
1. Ouran High School Host Club
This anime that follows the life of Haruhi Fujioka offers a romantic comedy like no other anime. Haruhi is a scholarship student who stumbles upon the famous school host club and gets stuck there when she breaks a vase.
She is forced to work there as a hostess despite being a girl. Many comedic elements allow us to understand this protagonist and her relentless love for the people around her. Will she pay her debt? Will she be stuck with her forever as a hostess?
- This anime focuses on the life of a poor girl who works hard to change her living conditions.
- Both animes focus on the difficulties of romance. The female leads are oblivious to the male character’s feelings of love.
- Haruhi and Misaki act recklessly when provoked or by the people they love.
- The comic style is similar in both animes.
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama is a beautiful romance with a comic undertone that makes it stand out. In this anime, there is a feeling of laughter that does not end. Characters have a lasting impact on us.
So what do you think about this list of anime like Kaichou wa Maid Sama? Did we miss any anime? Do you want to find more shocking romantic comedies? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
You might also like: