Delicious, satisfying, high in fiber and so easy to make!
Makes 6 bars
260 Calories per bar
Macros: 5g Protein / 52g
Carbohydrates / 5g Fat
• 2 cups frozen blueberries*
• ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp date paste
• 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
Frozen strawberries, blackberries or other berries can also be used in place of blueberries
• 2 ripe bananas • 1 cup ground oats
• 1 cup rolled oats
• ¼ tsp vanilla
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/3 cup date paste
• ¼ cup shredded coconut flakes
• Pinch of sea salt
*Blend oats in blender or coffee grinder
HOMEMADE DATE PASTE
(MAKES APPROX. ½ CUP)
• 6 medjool dates, pitted
• 5 ½ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line an 8”x 8” glass baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
TO MAKE DATE PASTE
- Blend dates and water together in high powered blender to create date paste. Blend until smooth
and thick. You should be able to scrape out the date paste with a spatula. Add more water if needed
however you do not want the date paste to be too watery. Set aside. This mixture makes enough date
paste for the topping and oat bar.
*If you do not have soft dates or a blender powerful enough to make a paste, dates can be soaked
overnight in ½ cup of water before blending.
TO MAKE TOPPING
- Place frozen blueberries in a sauce pan. Simmer until blueberries are soft (approx. 10 mins). After
this time, add vanilla and date paste and stir to combine.
- Remove blueberries from heat and stir in the ground flax seeds until well combined. Set aside.
TO MAKE OAT BAR
- Mash bananas until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground oats, whole oats, vanilla,
cinnamon, remaining date paste and shredded coconut to banana mixture and stir to combine well.
- Once combined, place oat bar mixture into the lined baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Add the blueberry topping on top of the oat bar mixture making sure not to spread the blueberry
mixture to the sides of the dish to prevent burning.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking halfway through. Bars are done when the sides of the oat bar are
golden brown. Remove and enjoy! Bars keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days.